The Google Apps People Widget has been introduced to help connect you with people quicker and more conveniently.
It is located on the right-hand side of your Gmail messages and provides context from the message content to take action with relevant people in your message threads.
Saved mouse-clicks increase productivity and reduce friction. The resistance you feel from taking action can literally come down to small extra efforts.
Some best practices to adopting this new widget in your personal workflow and collaboration:
- Convert Email To Chat. For people in your Google Chat network, a real-time interactive dialogue may need to take place. Move the asynchronous conversation to real-time to get to decisions quickly without wasting back and forth cycles.
- Get On The Phone With Google Talk. You have the option to resume the dialogue with a phone call or Google Talk conversation. The controls allow for either. Be sure to set up your Google Voice number as well for return calls.
- Keep Your People Information Current. Moving quickly means having the right information at the right time. Glance and check that Contact information is up to date and complete so you can act in the future or currently.
- Think People. Relevance is key to the information you receiving. Turning information into action involves people. Use the Google Apps People Widget to ensure you are connecting with relevant people around the dialogue from email.
- Get Context. The People Widget focuses on people as the centerpoint. Get other relevant email in an organization around the person. It adds another dimension of context for driving relationships deeper.
Enhancements which help you with your speed will help you with higher levels of success in your execution. Take note and integrate in the new habits to maximize your productivity and collaboration with your team and customers.
What do you think of the new Google Apps People Widget?