Your Google Apps organization can take another step towards organization, productivity and automation using Google Voice. Google Voice has a variety of ways to be customized for each user’s workflow. I personally use Google Voice as a strategic cloud computing app in the midst of my business day. Here are some things I do that can help your users:
- Keep a tab open. Along with my Gmail, Calendar and project management system, I have Google Voice opened. I can quickly look up a Google Contact and dial from the interface. The caller ID will be from our AscendWorks Austin area code regardless of where I am.
- Manage your inbox. I manage voice as an inbox much the same way I do with Gmail. You can use stars, archiving and search to find past voicemails.
- Leave messages for yourself. This can convert your messages into text for archiving and search. This is very powerful for managing your thoughts and actions.
- Account for your activities. You can work through a call list quickly from a sales or customer service role. The work is documented and useful for accountability and reference later.
- Text from your keyboard. This is a lot easier than using your thumbs on your mobile device. It is also documented in your system.
- Make it easy. I have an embedded Google Voice widget on my site at dondalrymple.com. A person can click and talk to me instantly wherever. It makes it easy to tell them to go to my site and give me a call.
- Control of my incoming calls. I can instantly change rules for how inbound calls are handled. This comes in handy depending on what I am working on or what meetings I am in. I can change the customer experience whether it is a new greeting or an unwanted solicitor.
From an organizational standpoint, Google Voice enables effective management of call activities. They are documented and the workflow is integrated within the Google Apps system of your organization. It’s a powerful tool that is part of the overall suite of cloud applications.
Want to learn how to implement this for your organization? Call me.
What can such a solution do for your productivity?