Google Apps users can work seamlessly with social media in Google Plus. It is now a Google App within the navigation bar. As Google continues to make headway into the marketplace and the thaw of Facebook and Twitter occurs over time, this is a valuable app for business users.
Here are some strategies to make this system work for you:
- Set up a thorough profile. You are searchable within the Google Plus social media system. Be sure you have keywords in your profile and a close picture of yourself that is professional. If you have already set up a previous profile, be on the lookout for the migration tool.
- Create circles. These are controlled layers of relationships which have varying access to your information. It is an easy way to group people with different securities.
- Plus 1. This is one of the most powerful aspects of this new social network. SEO value can be increased from weighted values of Plus 1 votes, similar to a Facebook Like. Click this for articles and web pages you encounter via search. Page rankings are affected positively for search.
- Create remarkable content. Use the forum for posting your ideas. Ideas are larger than a Twitter tweet and can delve into what you stand for. Being in a social network, this enables a deeper level of collaboration around professional topics.
- Provide value. Follow various conversations and get the hang of what your circles are talking about. When you feel like you can add value, jump in and do so. It is a place to connect and bring value to others.
Explore this powerful app. Make connections and business happen.
It is still early to see how far Plus will work to help you grow your business. However, being integrated with the suite of Google’s offerings gives real advantage to this system compared to competitors.
Feel free to connect with me on my Plus account and let me know what you think.