Staying clear and ready are the most important productivity mindsets you can nurture. You do not know what is coming at you tomorrow, next week or next month for that matter. The world has a way of pushing work onto you.
Most of the things that come into your life will end up in the trash. Whether that happens within five seconds or five days is a function of your decision making and clarity.
Here’s a tip that will go a long way towards your productivity – get a great trash can you love. It can inspire you to take the most frequent action you will take.
Here are a few ways to use the trash:
- Direct mail. Any irrelevant marketing needs to be ripped and trashed right away. Don’t let it sit out. It’s indecision.
- Bills. Set up bill payments and trash them.
- Documents for records. Get a scanner and use it. File it in your Google Docs and have access to your file cabinet wherever you are in the world.
- Unused items. If you haven’t used it in the last year, trash it. You likely won’t miss it.
- Gifts. Yes, just because someone sent you something that just doesn’t work for you, show appreciation by taking a picture, sending them a shot with you in it and use the trash.
Love your trash can. We live in a world of too much input. If you this simple tool as part of your default decision-making process, it will keep you clear and ready for whatever is coming at you in this chaotic world. You will also grow in how you execute. This creates space for peace of mind and getting things done.
So, what kind of trash can are you going to use?