I have not been on LinkedIn in quite some time. I left it a while ago and provide my reasons here. It became more of an attention suck than a true place to connect and exchange value.
Recently, I kept getting invitations from people on LinkedIn to connect. After seeing the pattern, I decided to put up a preliminary profile, hang out and see what happens.
If you have been following me, you know I like to get rid of things that don’t bring value or work. I like maximizing systems for my business and my clients that create huge impact. That is my litmus test of a system that has value or not.
What I hope to see this second time around is:
- Exploring projects together with potential partners or clients
- Sharing my network and having others share theirs
- Easy place for people who want to connect to tune in
- Another place to share my thoughts from this blog area with interested people
What I don’t want to see happen is:
- Recruiters trying to get me a job
- People I don’t know tapping me to meet someone I know
- Being overwhelmed with useless content
- Creepy spying from others
I spend more of my time on this site creating content my clients and readers can use to grow their business. I also hang out on Twitter to see what is happening in the world and share what I am thinking and learning.
LinkedIn has been around quite a while. It looks like it has had a major facelift over the years. I am hoping the culture has shifted from the new form factor and real value can be exchanged. We will see. In the meantime, I will test it like all other systems, technologies and solutions I experience for its usefulness and value. You can find me at this LinkedIn address.