We do have this funny dichotomy as a modern day knowledge worker. The freedom to be untethered and work from anywhere and anytime is remarkable. I have worked with my worldwide clients from all over the country this year without missing a beat.
However, being connected keeps our minds tuned in. The off button is not so readily accessible.
Having worked with mobility over the last decade and exploring productivity within this mode of work, I have learned a few things. Here are some that might be helpful to you:
- Work B2B business opportunities. Business professionals keep boundaries naturally. Monday – Friday, 9AM-5PM still works today. It goes both ways. It’s inappropriate to be bothered outside these times.
- Load your funnel of work at the beginning of the week to get responsiveness throughout the week.
- Enjoy Fridays to clean up, clear your head and plan.
- Use cloud systems to build your empire and bring a high level of service
- Keep a Today list to keep you focused.
- Keep a ZeroInbox.
- Integrate systems
- Smile. Many people dream of such freedom.
Your mobility can be a curse if you don’t have some systems set up well. On the other hand, it can provide immense leverage and freedom as you work without boundaries.