We have that wonderful opportunity each day to express thanks and give to the people that come in and out of our life and work. Here’s a short list of people to consider expressing thanks towards:
- Someone who took initiative to help you with an opportunity
- A friend that was there for you in hard times
- That person who delivered when you needed to be encouraged or to simply laugh
- Mentors, coaches and others who were a little further ahead and gave you vision
- Your competition that motivates you and makes you better each day
- The loyal ones who are unwavering and consistent in loving you.
It’s easy to be so focused on what’s in our head that we forget to express thanks. Better to make it a daily habit than wait for celebration, tragedy or a moment of motivation.
And if you want to take your thanks to another level, how about exercising some creativity and give. Here are some ideas:
- Share someone in your network that can help your friend towards their goals
- Take time and write a thoughtful and accurate handwritten note of praise and love
- Show compassion and be in the hurt with someone that is striving
- Buy tickets to a world-class memory they will never forget
- Lighten their load. Look for the mundane things they have to do and simply do them for them
- Say a kind word or ten. Build your friends up in confidence
Who has helped you?
Who have you helped?
It starts with a little thought and initiative. Don’t be surprised if focusing on others for a little while, the best people that is, changes the course of your pursuits and experiences.
Thank you for reading, thinking and growing.