Every bit of complexity can keep your customer from taking a next step with you in your engagements and work. We are inundated with choice and information. You can be both a welcome resource and helpful partner by taking stock and simplifying how you do business.
Here are some areas to consider streamlining to make it easy for your customer to commit, decide and act on deals and projects:
- Clarifying. After calls and meetings, send a quick summary email on the decisions and actions. This is a record to reference as well as ensure alignment.
- Speed. Send your proposals out within one day. After your sales meetings, the clock is ticking on attention and relevance. Aim for speed over perfection.
- Email. For each email, seek to get one action or response. Long emails can get ignored because it feels like a lot of work.
- Phone. Pick up the phone and have quick 2-5 minute conversations for decisions.
- Pleasantness. Make someone’s day all the time. We have choices of who we want to work with and be with. All things being equal, your pleasantness and the ease of dealing with you becomes a preference.
We often act out of habit. And with the problem of being overwhelmed with work and information, you have the opportunity to be easy to do business with or add to the stress.
A few tweaks and practicing intentional interactions can make you welcome rather than one more stress in someone’s life.
Where can you simplify and make doing business easier in your customer interactions?