To build revenue and a successful path to gaining customers and freedom is a difficult and tricky undertaking. No doubt. I have spent thousands of hours coaching talented people. But I have figured out a few things and realized that there is a roadmap, a path per se, that works.
There is no overnight success. If that were so, then everyone would simply copy that template and be done with it.
No, the true path is about becoming who you are with power and clarity. Then using that to learn to increase the probabilities for opportunities.
Here is a roadmap that I like to work through as we build a relationship and eventually a venture:
- Subscribe to my blog. This is a great way to get to know me and hear from me weekly. Share your thoughts on Twitter and think about the content and how it lines up. I try to share out what I am about and what I learn with my clients. You can subscribe in the right sidebar to get emails when I publish.
- Hire me to Know Your Strengths. You will win by becoming more of who you are. It’s not going to happen by trying to copy someone else different or working in your weak areas. Successful people keep focused on their strengths and manage their weaknesses so they have more fulfillment and a straighter path. You have to know your style and approach and keep living into it with clarity.
- Purchase a Business Sales Roadmap. Having an efficient sales funnel that is continuous and optimized requires an understanding of how your target customers behave, where to find them and what works to attract and engage them based on their buyer profiles.You have likely tried many different sales strategies. If you have traffic, then the challenge is to understand the data and look at how to build a sales funnel that works continuously. If you lack traffic, attention or regular sales conversations, then your priority is to drive the top of the funnel and create engagement with your brand and products.
- Be extremely productive. If you are slow, unresponsive or inefficient, how can you expect to win? Learn how to be responsive, decisive and efficient. It allows you to take advantage of opportunities when they come and act on them with clarity of purpose and with ease in your efforts. Being ready for anything opens up the world of opportunities.
- Solidify your online platform. This is critical for gaining clarity about what you care about and want to share with the world. You will be forced to live into it with conviction and consistency. And conviction is compounding and attractive. People want this more as they see your passion.
- Grow your network. You have to be consistent, organized and purposeful about building and nurturing a strong network of people that you can add value to and that will help you get to where you are going.
- Serve your customer. The quality of how you service someone is critical. Learning how to build a service process that delights and has extremely high quality allows you to be stand out and be referred. That’s the hallmark of a compounding business.
- Growing in leadership. Executive coaching that helps your reflect, refine and continually address your challenges with actions and decisions help you stay on course, build strong teams and increase the value of your business. Leadership is a continuous journey that becomes the cornerstone of everything you venture to grow.
Yes, these steps are sequential. I have taken many people down this roadmap. You can’t skip steps. There is a psychology for you and for your customer that has to be present to create that compounding effect in your business that you might witness in others.
It’s thinking long-term with habits, clarity and focusing on what matters. It’s about you, ultimately. Who you are, how you tick and what works based on your style makes the journey highly customizable. Let me know if you are interested.